Monday, September 29, 2008

GOD - 2/3 of His name is GO!


Then I heard the voice of the LORD saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Most people would say that they want to experience God on a "deeper" level. They want to know him in a more intimate way. They want to feel his presence in their lives. And so often, they think they'll obtain that goal by studying more, listening to more preachers or reading more devotionals.

But you can know everything about God and never be close to God.

The best way to experience God isn't through gaining knowledge or inspiration; it's through action.

When the prophet Isaiah answered God's call on his life with a simple, yet profound "Here am I. Send me," he was showing us the way to truly experience God's power in our lives.

If you are longing for a more intimate relationship with God, one where you feel his presence in your life each day, don't just look for another study. Don't merely listen to more sermons.

Instead, look humbly to God and say, "Use me." Because as you begin to put action to what you've already learned about God, you will begin to feel him move in your life in ways you never dreamed possible!

How can knowing this truth change your life?

No comments: