Monday, November 24, 2008

Fearless!

Check out this verse in the Bible!
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel." Ephesians 6:19

The request for prayer is common in Scripture. It should also be common in our daily lives. We ask people we know to pray for us, just as they ask us to pray for them.
And when we pray, we can think of a lot of different things to ask for. We may look for help in our careers, personal relationships, marriages, finances and so on.

But how many of us request help to find others who need to hear about Jesus?

That is a bold statement. Sadly, though, we may go weeks, months or even years without sharing how Christ has influenced our lives.

If you have not had a chance to share your story, or maybe it's been a while since you've opened up about your faith, I encourage you to pray that bold prayer. Ask God to bring that opportunity to you. And when he identifies that person in your life, pray that you "will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."

Do you have the feeling that Paul was a lot like us? At times, Paul was afraid of ridicule and rejection when he spoke to people about Christ to the point that it affected his ministry. How do I know this? Read the verse again slowly and tell me what you think.

No comments: