Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Want to be Held...

I remembered a great question last night that really got me thinking...

It's a question that I believe every pastor, leader, teacher, believer should ask themselves as they pursue to mature in their faith and relationship with Jesus. One of the greatest growth processes in becoming more like Jesus is reading and embracing God's Word! So many neglect this powerfully packed, principle-laden, personality enhancing, supernaturally inspired collection of the wisdom of God.

So what's the question?

It was asked by another student some time ago while attending Bible college who had just listened to a pastor/teacher speak on developing a relationship with God during chapel... Here's the question... "As he spoke... I noticed that he held the Bible but my question is... was he held by the Bible?"

That's a huge question for me... as I speak... do I just hold the bible or has the Bible been holding me? Is it still holding me... even when I don't speak?

I don't know about you... but I want to be held and not just hold.

No comments: